
We've been busy working on little things and though it doesn't look like much has changed from the pictures, we are finally enjoying some of our hard work. The siding on the front of the house is done and we have exterior lights, which is really great since where we live there are no street lights. Yes, I have not done any staining since about 5 months ago when I started, and yes, one day it will all be stained. People also often ask if we are going to reside the original house to match the new addition. Come on now...of course we are, just not a priority right now. The roofing for the mudroom is still not on, but the garage is all roofed. Soon all roofing will be done, at least that is the plan. And one of these days we will move that ugly white cabinet that belongs in the garage away from the front of the house. It's been there so long, I don't think we even see it anymore.
The entryway has a doorbell, which is cool, because we've never had one of those. We haven't told Elia about that yet, since Eben installed it last night. I just need to prepare myself for a solid 30 minutes of ringing I think. We are going to build stone steps up to the landing with those big square stones. Haven't quite finished designing that yet though.
What we love is that our new living space is now livable. Well, sort of. It was very livable until it got cold. It will be another couple of weeks before our furnace goes in and there is heat up there. We still have to finish staining the wood windows and doors, and also paint. We also have all the trim to finish...and the list goes on!
All windows and doors will soon be stained dark like this one, and it is pretty exciting to have a new bathroom.
I love that I can now park in the garage.
And that I have a new washer and dryer that is no longer right next to our living room. Even though there's lots of finishes to be done, it's so nice to enjoy some of our hard work. We just designed the mudroom furniture and have sent that to the cabinet guy. So in a few weeks our mudroom will be up and running. I am super excited about that! Just in time for winter.
No comments:
Post a Comment