Monday, July 27, 2009

Piece by piece...

So, it's been a busy summer around here. Eben is turning over his nearly 10,000 square foot home to his clients in a week, and we have been enjoying a summer of travel and visitors. So, our poor house is slowly coming along. We've been focusing on the inside for now. We've got some friends coming at the end of August for the weekend and have made that our deadline for having the place livable. Eben and I head upstairs a lot of nights after putting the kids to bed and work away. Oh the joys of a remodel!
Here's the shower which we are still working away on. I'm learning a lot as I go and am thankful for the tile we chose. Since it is not smooth and is more rugged looking, I don't have to be so perfect. Good thing, because I am far from expert at this. I just hope it stays on the wall!
Here's the bathroom vanity. Eben just installed the granite and the door hardware.
The wet bar area is pretty much done now too! I guess it still need the faucet and we are doing glass suspension shelves along that side wall.
Eb got some doors hung. We still need to stain them.
The glass door between the house and the mudroom is finally in. It really connects things and brings in a lot more light. This is the stain that all the wood trim and doors will have. We like the dark look.
So that's it for now. Hopefully in the next week we should finish our shower tile and maybe even the slate floors. Look out!

No comments:

The Plan...

The Plan...
Front of new house

What we started with...

What we started with...
The house from across the street.

The existing house on paper.